Do you ever review gifts you’ve received in previous years? It’s a wonderful exercise. I’ve recently used some tools received for Christmas, and remembered how they looked when they were new – and how useful they’ve been all along. I’ve also been thinking this week about the Gift —with a capital G— in the person and work of His Son, Jesus.
This isn’t an exhaustive list by any means, but the gift of His son was QUITE the gift!
- If you have the Son, you have LIFE! 1 John 5.12, John 3.16
- Those who have received Him have the ability to call themselves “sons of God” John 1.12
- He’s given us peace. HIS peace. John 14.27
- Friendship. Not just any ol’ friendship, this is friendship with God! John 15.14-17
- Life, in all it’s fullness. John 10.10 (NLT)
- His Spirit, living within. 2 Cor. 1.22, 5.5
- Himself. One word, but what a gift! Titus 2.14
Talk about a gift that’s “simply divine”!
Jesus was —and is— precisely that!
I am one grateful man this Christmas, and God’s generosity is the reason.