Would you like to study the book of I John with us in September?
Right here, at times that are convenient for you?
Consider yourself invited!
Here’s what it will take:
- We’ll need to each read the chapter for the week once each day through September
- Sometime during the week we’ll read all of 1 John in one sitting so we keep the bigger picture in view (should take 10 – 15 minutes if you read reasonably fast).
- I’ll post the chapter-text here and we’ll comment either here, or on our own blogs (with links so those who read here can come see what you’re thinking).
- The ground-rules are purposefully simple (you can review them in the “C’mon In!” tab above).
- Simply stated, we focus on encouraging each another in our walk with the Lord.
We used this same chapter-a-week format when we explored Philippians in March (was it really almost six months ago?!). You’ll find those thoughts and comments [here]. Some of us studied Proverbs in February, a chapter a day. You can review those invigorating conversations if you’d like, mine begin [here].
Can you believe it? The summer is nearly gone. For many, school is about to resume. September is coming up behind us pretty fast; I can see it in my rear-view mirror. Can you? For most of us in the US, routines will soon return to more-defined and less-spontaneous. Which for me means a return to near-daily posts here on Vibrance. I’ve enjoyed the reprieve of not having to write so consistently through the summer, but I’m looking forward to getting back at it. In a class I took from author Jerry Jenkins, he defined writing as “The seat of the pants in the seat of the chair. ” I’ve enjoyed the break but I’m ready to get back at it.
So I’ll introduce 1st John on September first. We’ll give ourselves nine days to enjoy chapter one, followed by a week each on chapters 2, 3 and 4. I hope you can join us. Bring your favorite chair, your Bible and a way to capture your thoughts. Let’s enjoy the Word together.
Sound like something you’d like to do? Let me know – we have LOTS of room! 😀
By the way, in your first comment, or when you let us know you’re signing on for this, why not tell us where you’re from? I have a hunch 1 John is going to be an international study-group. We’ll see. I can’t wait to hear what we uncover in the Word next month!