Today – Coffee and D0nots
It’s early and I’ve already been up awhile. I guess for some reason God thought it best to make my body so I wake up when the cold medicine capsule is more than I need. Anyway, I awoke in the wee-hours to a silent world with 3 1/2 inches of new snow on the ground which makes the silence even quieter, it seems. We’re braced for a blizzard tonight and into tomorrow here in SE Wisconsin – up to a foot of the white stuff with 40 mph winds.
At any rate, I’m imagining coffee and donots in Proverbs 24; looks like there’s enough to share!
1. Do not be envious of evil men or desire to be with them
15. Do not lie in wait…against the dwelling of the righteous
15. Do not destroy his resting place
17. Do not rejoice when your enemy fails
17. Do not let your heart be glad when he stumbles (these two are hard for me – I’ve a competitive streak)
19. Do not fret because of evildoers, or be envious of the wicked
21. Do not associate with those who are given to change…
(I need to research this one. I’ve enjoyed a reputation as being an effective, gracious change-agent so this one sparked an “oh-really?” within me. I need to explore this one this weekend.)
28. Do not be a witness against your neighbor without cause
28. Do not deceive with your lips.
29. Do not say “Thus I shall do to him as he has done to me.” (An Old Testament version of the Golden Rule)
These aren’t as tasty as those warm, glazed moresels that just beg you to have one more. In an hour and a half I meet with two friends as we do every Saturday morning, for coffee, personal updates and prayer. Maybe I’ll pick up a couple donuts on the way home — real ones.
Have a great day today – Stay safe. I intend to.